All remaining 2020 CQC meetings will be held via Zoom. This includes the July, August, October and November/December meetings. Zoom links are sent to all CQC members who have provided email addresses to us a few days before each meeting. If you are not receiving these eblasts, contact Dana Jones, 720-346-3952 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check with local guilds for information on their meetings and events.
Special Workshop Opportunities
- Love Cheryl Phillips’ “Braided Twist” table runners? Then you’ll want to sign up for her CQC workshop to be offered in two sessions Saturdays, August 1 and 8 via Zoom. Each session will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The workshop will be open to a maximum of 20 people. The fee is $25. Participants need to purchase the Braided Twist Book and Tool Combo from Cheryl’s website: www.phillipsfiberart.com. For a complete supply list click here To register, complete the registration form here and return to Dana Jones. For information and to pay by credit card, call Dana at 720-346-3952.
- Teri Lucas will teach "Having Fun With Color in the Most Impractical Way" from 1-3 p.m. Sundays, August 23 and 30 and September 6 via Zoom. She explain how to select threads — color, weight and fiber — to best enhance your quilts as participants create their own thread color wheels while practicing free-motion quilting motifs from her just released book, Color, Thread & Free-Motion Quilting: Learn to Stitch With Reckless Abandon (C&T Publishing, 2020). To register, complete the registration form here and return to Dana Jones.
- Cindy Grisdela will teach folks to "Focus on the Improv Block" in her Sunday, August 25 workshop from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. via Zoom. Participants will piece improv center blocks then add borders and insets while creating asymmetrical open space in blocks unique to each quilter. To register, complete the registration form here and return to Dana Jones.
- If you are making masks- don't forget to count the time toward Volunteer hours.
- Membership dues beginning in July 2018 are $25 with the newsletter online and $35 for mailed newsletters. Membership dues are for a full 12 month year. Pin replacement is $25. Guest fees are $10 per meeting.
CQC Meetings and Programs Zooming to You
Newsletter Editor Position Opening
Colorado Quilting Council is seeking an editor/designer for its Connecting Threads newsletter. The editor/designer produces monthly issues that announce and cover the activities of the council. Applicants should have editing experience and basic graphic-design skills, including experience working with software that can be used to create files ready for the printer. The editor/designer is expected to attend CQC monthly board and general meetings; coordinate newsletter content with the CQC president; work with the newsletter proofreader; work with the printer; work cooperatively with all those submitting material for the newsletter and those producing social media for CQC; consistently meet deadlines; and perform consistent with CQC guidelines for this position.
This is a paid position. Experience doing communication for other non-profit, volunteer organizations is a plus. To apply for CQC Connecting Threads editor/designer, email CQC President Laural Hoppes at email@example.com.
Form can be filled in on the document. Please save documents after completion and email them. Please make sure you have downloaded the document before completing. DO NOT complete in browser window.
CQC Shop Hop Continues
When we launched CQC’s 2020 Colorado Shop Hop in January, little did we know getting forms signed by folks at quilt shops wouldn’t be possible for some months. We never envisioned that so much of our shop hopping would be virtual with items mailed or picked up curbside. Our Colorado quilt shops deserve a round of applause for the creative ways they have stayed “open” for us in a time that is especially challenging for small, local businesses. All are being so careful to make it possible for us to shop safely.
Our CQC Colorado Shop Hop continues. We will accept the forms you had shops sign earlier in the year and any you can now again have signed. We will also accept receipts. Remove credit-card in-formation and anything else that is private. We just need the name of the shops and the dates you visited in person or virtually. We want you to turn these in all together after October 24 and before No-vember 30. We’ll let you know where to mail them in the August newsletter.
The shop-hop rules remain the same. You will receive credit for one visit per shop during 2020. The person who visits the most shops will win a prize. In the case of a tie, we will draw for the winner.
This is a great time to “visit” new shops around the state online. Never been to a Western Slope shop? How about shop on the eastern plains or in the southwest corner of our state? Live a long ways from shops along the I-25 corridor? Now’s the time to expand the reach of the shops you frequent. See the Business Directory, pages 15-18, and pick several to check out.